The Professional Chef
- Autor: The Culinary Institute of America (CIA)
- Auflage: 9te Auflage
- Sprache: Englisch
- Verlag: Wiley John + Sons
- Erscheinungsjahr: 2015
- Ausführung: Fester Einband
- Seitenangabe: 1'212 S.
- Masse: H28.4 cm x B22.5 cm x D5.2 cm
"The bible for all chefs."-Paul Bocuse Named one of the five favorite culinary books of this decade by Food Arts magazine, The Professional Chef(TM) is the classic kitchen reference that many of America's top chefs have used to understand basic skills and standards for quality as well as develop a sense of how cooking works.
Now, the ninth edition features an all-new, user-friendly design that guides readers through each cooking technique, starting with a basic formula, outlining the method at-a-glance, offering expert tips, covering each method with beautiful step-by-step photography, and finishing with recipes that use the basic techniques. The new edition also offers a global perspective and includes essential information on nutrition, food and kitchen safety, equipment, and product identification. Basic recipe formulas illustrate fundamental techniques and guide chefs clearly through every step, from mise en place to finished dishes.
* Includes an entirely new chapter on plated desserts and new coverage of topics that range from sous vide cooking to barbecuing to seasonality
* Highlights quick reference pages for each major cooking technique or preparation, guiding you with at-a-glance information answering basic questions and giving new insights with expert tips
* Features nearly 900 recipes and more than 800 gorgeous full-color photographs Covering the full range of modern techniques and classic and contemporary recipes, The Professional Chef, Ninth Edition is the essential reference for every serious cook.
- 2-5 Tage
- 3.3 Kilogramm