On Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen
- Autor: McGee, Harold J. / Dorfman, Patricia (Illustr.) / Greene, Justin (Illustr.)
- Sprache: Englisch
- Auflage: Revised and Upd.
- Verlag: Scribner Macmillan
- Erscheinungsjahr: 2004
- Ausführung: Fester Einband
- Seitenangabe: 884 S.
- Masse: H23.6 cm x B17.0 cm x D4.6 cm
Harold McGee's "On Food and Cooking "is a kitchen classic.
Hailed by "Time "magazine as "a minor masterpiece" when it first appeared in 1984, "On Food and Cooking "is the bible to which food lovers and professional chefs worldwide turn for an understanding of where our foods come from, what exactly they're made of, and how cooking transforms them into something new and delicious.
Now, for its twentieth anniversary, Harold McGee has prepared a new, fully revised and updated edition of "On Food and Cooking." He has rewritten the text almost completely, expanded it by two-thirds, and commissioned more than 100 new illustrations
- 2-5 Tage
- 1.3 Kilogramm